Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week in Pictures

I have attempted many times and have failed miserably to blog this week for one reason or another and now I find myself so far behind that I cannot pull together everything that happened in a fashion that I would be happy with, so instead I will simply post pictures. 

 
The video is a small snippet of the parade celebrating St. George Day and Independence Day.  See if you see anyone familiar... 

A wonderful story about how seriously this village takes having fun together is demonstrated through the parade last Saturday.  As with parades we are familiar with at home, Placencia's parade starts at one end of town and circles back and ends up where it started, except for here there is only one road, so they turn around and come back.  B & C dropped out of the parade shortly after the video was taken, as they'd traveled most of the length already.  At that time we didn't know exactly how far up the peninsula the parade went, but we thought that surely it shouldn't take too long.  Over two hours later here the procession came back.  We thought they must've gone clear up the entire peninsula instead of just the town (a 40 minute trip by regular speeds and not parade speed).  Come to find out, the parade did just go to the water tower to turn around (about 10-15 minutes more than B & C coming back), but the truck that B & C had walked behind had broken down and instead of the parade continuing on, the entire parade halted while the truck was fixed and THEN they all came back down--still dancing, singing and partying.  Now that is was I call dedicated to having fun!

Sea Urchin

Safer way to handle a sea urchin
For all of you following the blog, I need to make a correction to one of my past posts.  I referred to one of the shells that H found as a sea anemone, but it was actually for the urchin.  I knew that was what it was, but the word escaped me at the time and I knew the mistake I'd made the minute we saw the live urchin.  Forgive me for misleading you!  It was not intentional.

The knit sweater project I brought with me.

It fits!

Next plarn project--outdoor rug.  I'm makin' it up as I go along, folks.... 
Friends from church gave away avocados and we are starting our own tree.  Maybe.    
Woodworking Class--Evan and KR working on Cat (ended up with flower)
H has a knot in his board and is getting some help
C getting instruction on how to use the chisel
Evan's gift to us.  It is a natural abstract that cannot be fully enjoyed by the pictures alone.  We LOVE, LOVE this piece.  Thank you, Evan!

OK.  So there you have it.  A good week.  A full week.  A diverse week.  A school week.  A rainy week.  A cooler week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment