Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Truvy's Trichology


After taking some business courses in high school and being impressed by Truvy and her salon in Steel Magnolias, I decided that I wanted to own and operate my own hair salon one day.  (I also decided that my daughter's name would be Shelby, but my cousin beat me to the punch.)  I graduated high school and enrolled in college with a concentration on Business Management.  

Life took some unexpected twists and turns and I ended up finishing one year of college while continuing to work at the hardware store job I'd started in high school.  I worked there until a few months after getting married.  The business "bug" never quite left me.  I excelled at the hardware store and was put in charge of placing the weekly orders, checking in the stock, making special orders for customers and overseeing the cleaning department and I was allowed to extend that department to include specialty orders and attentions and accounts for the new local factories in town.  

Once again, I made choices that focused my attentions elsewhere and further away from my dream of owning a place that felt like Truvy's.  Often I fantasized about going to Beauty School and becoming a stylist--or beautician as it was called when I was younger.  (Now they are "designers".)

Here I am at 40-something and I feel like God has brought me back to where I was supposed to have been had I made different choices at an earlier age--the right choices.  Now I have a salon.  Trichology Salon.  I am at work right now and I love hearing the chatter and giggles and seeing the TLC that my staff gives each guest that walks into our salon.  I may not have the name Truvy, but I sure am blessed to have her salon.  
Trichology Salon
Clay Terrace Mall
Carmel, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment