Okay all you yarn crafters and quilters that I know and love, don't you feel a certain connection with projects when you are finished with them? Seasoned crafters realize that at some point you have to find good homes with your completed craft because, lets face it, you really can only have so many afghans, quilts, baby booties for no babies, scarves, table runners, etc. Sometimes we sell our creations and sometimes we get lucky and someone has a birthday, or Christmas, or graduation, or other gift-giving life event so that our "babies" have a good home. On rare occasions, there are some items that are unique enough and someone gave you the perfect yarn and you plan on keeping that treasure all to yourself. But, what happens when, like me, you've spent the better part of the summer through fall on this item in your free time and it looks like this?

I love the yarn. The picture on the pattern makes this neck shawl look so cool. I blocked it the way I was supposed to, but I think it looks like a clown bib. Help! I don't have a circus family member to give this to but I don't want to give it away and I can't think of anyone in their right mind who would pay money for it.
What do you do with your ugly babies?
No comments:
Post a Comment