I realized while working yesterday that each of my tasks were diverse, challenging yet relaxing, and fulfilling. Having previously lived on a farm (we rented the tillable out) and gardening, keeping some chickens, a rabbit, a few dogs and several cats, learning to can and preserve food, etc., I learned that I really was a small town girl who had strong roots and desires for the more self-sufficient lifestyle. I love being a stay-at-home mom/wife or "domestic goddess" as Ms. Barr coined. I thought I'd share my day in pictures.
 |
I start my official day in our classroom.
|
 |
Next I tackled the kids' laundry. (This is supposed to be an air hockey table, but we use it for a folding station.)
|
 |
| Doing laundry reminded me we needed more detergent made. |
 |
| Spending time in the kitchen reminded me that I had rhubarb waiting to be baked into pie. Yum! |
 |
| Tigger decided to be my trusty bookmark as I hopped up to start another load of laundry while the pie was baking. |
Next, Hubby and I decided to renew our licenses. After 2 trips to the license branch with all of our personal documents in hand (Social Security cards, passports, hand gun licenses, voter registration cards, current license) we obtained our Secure License. I have to say that I love my new photo, but we don't get the actual license while we wait. Because of homeland security or some such, our licenses will be MAILED to us. Really?!?! We have to bring our life in documents to the license branch and let them make copies, but we are going to get our licenses in our mailbox?!?! Like theft never happens that way! Pffttt!
After all of that nonsense, our family got to celebrate the kids' hard work with their homeschool classes through seeing their efforts at the recital. Ahhh...
 |
| Miss K is in the back row, center. |
 |
| Mr. C is center, white shirt and tie. |
Everyone is so different and diverse. It makes the world more interesting. I absolutely go crazy when I'm a stay-at-home something-or-other. I kind of go crazy when I'm not...
ReplyDeleteAnywho, I would love a piece of that rhubarb pie!