This is a sampling of my day as a homeschooling mom, wife, child of God and friend. I'll save pennies to give you for the thoughts that you leave. You can collect them when you stop in for a visit. Thank you for sharing part of my day.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
...That's the way the holiday starts
One simply cannot celebrate Christmas, especially with children, without holiday treats. Some treats are only myade for special occasions. After my first crack at Pinwheels this week, I know better why Mom only baked some of the cookies she did one time a year.
Evolution of the Pinwheel cookie
As a child, I never realized that the dough had to be made, then refrigerated, next each color/flavor rolled out seperately, followed by being rolled together and another trip to the fridge before slicing and baking. Yikes! But, the cookies did end up being pretty. Worth it? Maybe not for eating, since they certainly aren't my favorite by flavor, but for looking at, I can appreciate its design, and now I appreciate Mom's special treats all the more.
This song is for my mom and sister...
The kids put together a gingerbread house earlier this month. It is now in a Tupperware container with some leftover peanut butter cookies that C made earlier this week. After the kids nibbled on the house, it was too ugly to keep out on the counter, but it was fun having it sit out the first couple of days.
Finished gingerbread house. Yes, I DID buy the kit! :)
The Pinwheels smell so yummy cooling on the counter. Think I will test one to make sure they are good enough to share. The things we mothers sacrifice.
Yum! I can smell the cookies, too! You're making memories for your own kids.
ReplyDelete