Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Post Vacation

Kids with Williams
We survived the first week after vacation.  Above you can see the smiling faces of those who went to Florida.  B took no pictures while he was in Texas, but he was working much and playing little.  I'll post more of my stay-cation another time because I had a few projects up my sleeve. 

The first full day back for everyone was H's twelth birthday.  We played it low-key since everyone had had much traveling the days before so we just had dinner out and then cake and ice cream at home with family. 
I can almost count his freckles!
Friday was a day of rest at home.  Saturday the boys had a Scouts fundraiser at Red Bridge Park.  The annual pancake breakfast.  We didn't stay for the parade this year since Mamaw and Papaw came to visit right after the breakfast for their special time with H to celebrate his birthday. 
Fun time working with friends.
With the record high temps this week, the kids have had fun in the water.  Squirt guns, water balloons, hoses, lake, boating.  I found a huge chunk of foam in the backyard yesterday.  This morning I asked B why it was in the backyard.  He said that H had fished it out of the lake.  I grumbled back that then H could fish it into the trash today.  Then he told me that H had been "surfing" on it while fishing.  I smiled and began to envision H balancing atop this ugly piece of trash pretending to deep sea fish.  No more ill thoughts popped into my head, only fond memories of how H has always been resourceful with finding playthings.  It is good to see the world through his imagination. 

Happy summer!  Praying that you too can enjoy it with kid-like imagination.

2 comments: