The children left this morning for a week-long vacation to Florida with Grandma & Grandpa W. Legoland is their main attraction, but stops to Campus Crusade, Wycliffe and Daytona have also been added. I am grateful that they have so many extended family members who love on them. We have no shortage of grandparents for sure, at least 6 sets that I can think of right now. Some are related by birth, some adopted, but all loved.
![]() |
| Bed in front. Cherry, pear and apple trees. Spring bulbs are finished. |
![]() |
| Side bed with cucumbers, green beans, chili peppers, tomatoes, green onions, carrots, marigolds, zinnias and sunflowers. |
This weekend we celebrated Mother's Day with yard work. I pruned and weeded and helped the boys plant their Scout projects for the Gardening Merit Badge. The kids gave me new pots for the back porch, which hubby filled with dirt this morning so that I could plant my cilantro and mint. (Cilantro is my new favorite herb. I've been making green tea with fresh mint and orange slices, so my bottomless supply is a must!) I also got some pots for the front stoop and filled them with flowers and pretty foilage. Hubby also bought 40 bags of read mulch that he spread around in the raised beds after tilling all of the ground. This was a real sacrifice since this is his allergy season and he suffers greatly. Thank you to my lovies for spending time working in the yard with me this weekend.


I am so jealous of all your vegetables! I have planted two tomatoes, a zucchini, and a squash but I only get 2-3 hours of sun a day. You can imagine what they look like. Hubby keeps saying, "If you give them Miracle Gro...", "Are you watering..." I don't think any of that matters if they don't have sun. (Is there a parable here?)
ReplyDelete