Friday, June 1, 2012

Bath Salts & Watermark Cardigan

While the family was away, I was able to play.  I am officially hooked on Pinterest now and I tried my hand at a few projects a couple of weeks ago.  Now I get to share them with you! 

The first project is for the ladies of our upcoming study of James: Mercy Triumphs by Beth Moore.  I am really excited to get started on it.  I've had to "hide" my book so that I won't start ahead of everyone else.  Anyway, I'm helping to organize the study at our church and it is my privilege to put together "goodies".  With no parameters I found myself swamped with ideas and having a difficult time choosing something.  I happened across some crafts upcycling fridge magnets used as advertisements by covering them with material.  Great starting point!  Next ran across canning jars at the store and I thought that making bath salts and putting them in the jars would be fun too.  I married the two ideas and this is what I came up with!
I didn't have magnets to upcycle, so I purchased adhesive backed magnet roll.


Magnets "baked" in the sun for a few minutes to allow the paper and adhesive to lay down and fuse. 
The while around the edges is a glitter paint that dries clear.
Jars are filled.  Magnet labels on top and leftover material torn into strips for bows. 
 My other project was also inspired by Pinterest and I did use both of the instructions that I found there.  I used the Watermark Tee Tutorial and the Front Tie Cardigan Refashion Tutorial from Pinterest.  Here are the photos of what I came up with.  The kids like the project and I think that I may try these again, in part or in whole, with my family this summer. 
Waiting for the gel to dry.

After dying and waiting again to dry.

Finished cardigan.  I need to have a full length mirror for
placement of the ties next time.  It's hard to tell when I'm pinning
withouth seeing myself at the same time what it will
look like.  It is very comfortable.
Well, summer camp is quickly approaching and hubby is away more and more for work, so maybe I'll have more creative projects to share in the future!

Happy pinning and crafting!











No comments:

Post a Comment