I've given up on the Excel books. I never really tried too much after cracking the books to help me through one of the workbooks I had to update. B says that he'll walk me through trying to set up some worksheets later. I've been given the task of putting all schedules for our homeschool group's drama production into Excel, so I must learn. I've avoided Excel like the plague for years. Should've known that it would infect me sooner or later. But, I did check out these other books and videos from the library this week.
Hubby left again this morning for another week in Texas. The kiddos are still at home with me this week, so I'm sure we'll be finding some other fun things to do as well. As you can tell from the photo, I am knitting again. I am working on my April (yes, April) M1 for Mexico project. I've seen many hats being made, so I am concentrating my efforts on mittens. Hopefully I'll catch up on my goal of having one project per month until October.
I'm also sewing much more. I'm not the kind of person that likes patterns, so much of my projects have been more from the internet, but I found the ReSew book and I'm planning a trip to Goodwill and cleaning out closets for T-shirts. MomII and I took a trip to Hobby Lobby this weekend and she bought me an early birthday present of material for the wrap skirt I'll be working on. I hope it turns out. I'll post pictures if it does and just lament about it in a post if it does not.
Jan Karon is one of my favorite authors and when I saw In the Company of Others I had to have it. I realize now that it is the second book in a set and I somehow skipped the first. Guess what I'll be hunting to read next?
The Front Porch Tales reminded me of my front porch pictures and I wanted to see what this book was all about. So far, very good. It is a complilation of several short stories that the author has collected over his lifetime and shared as if just swinging on the porch sipping lemonade with you, his guest. I like the brevity since I can carry the book with me throughout the house and it makes it easy to get a story in between tasks or doesn't frustrate me if I'm interrupted while reading since I really will be finished in one more page.
Enough writing about what I will be doing. Now on to the doing....

Home to Holly Springs is the first book in the Jan Karon series. They really are stand-alone books, so you don't have to read them in order. There is only one important fact that you learn in the first that carries over. Email me if you want to know, I won't spoil it for you if you want to wait and find out for yourself!
ReplyDeleteAunt P really enjoys reading your blog. Me, too.
ReplyDelete