Saturday, March 17, 2012

Donny Osmond Socks

Showing my latest pair to Tigger

Love the variegated colors. 
OK  So Donny Osmond did NOT wear these socks, but being a child of the 70's I remember watching the Donny and Marie Show and remember that he wore purple socks.  Now every time that I see purple socks, I associate them with Donny Osmond.  Then my mind goes to having the Marie doll.  Ah....I had fun when I was little.  I still have fun, but now it comes in the form of knitting...and crocheting and reading and gardening and traveling and and and...

My next project is a pair of mittens.  Since I am still a fairly new knitter, I haven't tried to make mittens before.  I am going to give them to the M1 for Mexico project.  Click here for more information.  I'll check back in to let you know how I am doing.  I am taking on some sewing projects too.  I am sewing parts of our costumes for our homeschool cotillion.  (Sewing is NOT my specialty, but I am going to do my best.  Keep me in your prayers.  I'll need it!)  All this to let you know that I may take a little longer to finish the mittens. 

I feel like breaking into "I'm a little bit country and he's a little bit rock 'n' roll."

3 comments:

  1. I had the Donny and Marie board game. I can just remember the game pieces were the two of them in different color bell bottom outfits.
    I wish I could knit more than one stitch. All I can make are scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to make mittens. Have a good pattern if you want to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to comment on this post...I was a complete Donny Osmond fan...went to The Osmond brothers in concert at Cobo Hall in Detroit years ago...more than once... have a picture of him waving at me out of his bus window...(ok really it was us...lots of us!) At one concert I saw his dad...and gave him my 150 ft gum wrapper chain for him to give to Donny...don't know why...but it was one of my prized possessions at the time. My bedroom was literally covered wall to wall with Donny posters from Tiger Beat and other such magazines. His favorite color was purple...and therefore my bedroom carpet was purple shag (believe it or not, when I go home to visit...I sleep in that room...the carpet is still the same!) Finally I was able to meet Donny face to face...twice...as an adult. I was able to get pictures of him and I both times...and carried one of those pictures on my key chain for a while until Brian...who was probably 5-8 at the time innocently asked..."Mom, if you were married to Donny Osmond...would you carry a picture of dad on your key chain?" Hopefully I didn't confuse the poor child too much! lol! Last but not least...I like your purple socks!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete