| View from the swing in our yard. |
I began wondering what my backyard in Belize would look like. I thought that God would be extending the feeling I was having until the end of October, perhaps into November since the temperatures hover around 70-86 degrees and we'll be close to the water there too. Huge difference between Morse Reservoir and the Caribbean Sea, I know, but isn't that how He sometimes draws our attention to parallels in our lives to the lives of others?
I believe that God is preparing my heart for the people of Belize. My backyard is similar, but different. We'll have commonalities and basis for connection. One of my faults when it comes to meeting new people is that I am terrible at small talk. Shoot, even getting warmed up to conversation with good friends is sometimes difficult for me. I like to hang back, or stand against the wall, to watch people first and then make decisions about who to approach and how. I want to talk to people to keep them as friends and not acquaintances. I mean, don't we all have many of those already? I prefer the few deep relationships I have to the light and fluffy variety. It does make it more difficult to have a party to play cards, but I will accept that trade off.
Thank you to all of my family, who I love to hang out with, but distance keeps me from doing so as often as I like. Thank you to my friends that I love like family. Thank you, Lord for my backyard and for allowing me to share backyards with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment