Yesterday and the day before were also gifts, but I'm not always sure who is delivering my gifts. Sometimes they feel more like someone left a smelly, brown bag on my front doorstep. This is a drawing that H made after a rough day with Algebra.
![]() |
| Hideous Mr. Math Man--holding a trident, with a pointy tail. Can you see what his sign says? |
![]() |
| These are not the happy days of homeschooling. How to make it better? What sugar can I give to make the medicine go down? |
More good news: I've been crafting again. The boys bought some tiny cast iron skillets for Scouting, but didn't have potholders. We found some potholders for $1 last week and this week I added buttons so that they could form around the handles, but then be unbuttoned to set their skillets on if needed.
I started a new (to me) Bible study this week. It's Beth Moore's The Patriarchs. God knew that I needed THIS one just now.
Many new changes are happening in our lives. Our church is closing its doors in the next few weeks, but we have found a new church family already and are celebrating good things to come. Our homeschool group is trying to add lunch time and enough new classes that we have had to take on the rental of the 4H building down the road in addition to our usual meeting spot. We also met with the new Creative Director for our homeschool group drama and she and I are beginning to talk about the next season while I am still wrapping up last season. I am meeting so many new people through my Bible study--even though our group is "meeting" through a closed group on Facebook--and through the new church that my head is reeling, but I wouldn't trade any of it. Once again, God's provision for our family is totally in His hands and B has had to interview for a consulting job. Not what we had envisioned, but we tend to be "planners" and God has to keep us in the dark quite a bit or we tend to take over.
I am deciding to be thankful for each new day. Rejoice! Be glad in it! It is a gift from God! (Smelly brown bag days are because of my stinky attitude of ungratefulness.)




No comments:
Post a Comment