![]() |
| Recipe for Mini Corn Dog Muffins |
This is a sampling of my day as a homeschooling mom, wife, child of God and friend. I'll save pennies to give you for the thoughts that you leave. You can collect them when you stop in for a visit. Thank you for sharing part of my day.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Preparation
My thought was to blog this morning while I baked, cooked, mixed, and stuffed freezer bags, but that didn't happen. I had grand ideas of typing away as the waffle iron ticked and the enticing aroma of mini corn dogs wafted through my kitchen (Hey, I've been making life changes and eating corn dogs isn't included anymore, but a girl can still enjoy the smells!) but that didn't happen. It didn't happen. I knew the title for the post would be Preparation, since I was preparing freezer goodies for the upcoming busy season (school starting and its activities plus a new ministry kick off which I'm heading up). Freezer meals have been helpful during my weight-loss since I don't have to cook twice for every meal. Sometimes I can pop a freezer meal into the crockpot or oven and then only make my meal. Preparation.
I've been in prayer a lot lately about my kids and how to improve as a parent. I keep running into the idea that we need to give our children a good center to begin each day and the rest of their lives. We live in this world, but it doesn't care for us. It chews us up and spits us out. I want to set the example that we must not live life and then turn to God as our back up plan. I want our plan to align with God's and then I'll know, they'll know what to do, or say, or choose, because they've already learned it from spending time in His Word and in prayer and with the body of believers. Be prepared. (for my family, this should be said in the voice of the billy goat from Hoodwinked--ha!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment