Friday, January 25, 2013

Sabotage!

School in session


While it may not be evident from the above scene, I have made progress on my "pile".  I sometimes find it discouraging and somewhat of a distraction to have school stuff spread out on the work table since it makes progress difficult to remember.  School is a daily task, however, so there is not much I can do to avoid the clutter on the table while in session.  The kids have their own baskets and shelves to store their books, binders, assignments, schedules, etc. under the table and for the most part they do a fantastic job of putting everything away when they are finished.  (Yay Mom!  Kids are learning to be organized!) 

It occurred to me that I sometimes sabotage the cleanup and ordering process myself when there is this much clutter on the table.  It seems overwhelming to tackle the big things when I have the daily tasks staring at me.  So what do I do?  Procrastinate.  Chronicle it here.  :)  Begin something new to avoid the old.  Knit. 

I'm telling myself the cure is baby steps.  Today, I will tackle 30 minutes worth of stuff and try not to sabotage myself.  (No, you may NOT start the Valentine's Day crafts you bought yesterday until AFTER the 30 minutes of work on the pile!  --Do you give yourself pep talks too?) 

1 comment:

  1. We get an overwhelming amount of junk mail. Sometimes the kitchen table is buried under it.

    ReplyDelete