Friday, January 4, 2013

Piles of Intentions

You know the saying about a particular road being paved with good intentions? According to Wikipedia it is thought to have originated with Saint Bernard of Clairvaux who wrote, "L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs" (hell is full of good wishes and desires). Meaning for me that all the piles of my intentions to do something doesn't amount to much if I don't do it.
 
January, in my administrative-minded circles of friends, is the month to organize and knock down these piles to nothing.  I am never sure that my piles diminish completely, rather they morph into different sizes, compilations and corners.  What would I do if I had nothing to tackle?  No To Do list?  I would ask myself what I wanted to do.  Next I'd make a list of how to get it done.  Am I sick? 

(I have taken photographs of some of my piles with the intention to post them and then talk about my specific piles.  My hope was that I could show myself progressing as I tackled these piles.  Ironically, Blogger is not cooperating by not giving me the button to browse my files to show you the pictures.) 

2 comments:

  1. Accountability is the key. So I will join you. I am going to take a picture of my worst area, post it on my blog, and then tackle it and post an after. We have all month? year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! Accountability!?!? Let's say a year. I have some really short projects and then other really time consuming projects.

    ReplyDelete