 |
| Oberon(ia) |
|
Watching my niece, Jellybean, or Bean for short, in
A Midsummer Night's Dream this weekend was a treat. First, I was at home. Many fond memories were formed watching performances of all sorts at the Putnam County Playhouse. The barn has undergone several facelifts and updates over the years. The addition of air conditioning is my personal favorite although the barn did lose some of its charm with all of the spaces between the slats now filled in. I consider myself to be fortunate to have been raised in Greencastle and to have had access to PCP. Glad too that I am able to share with hubby and kids.
Bean played the adapted role of Oberonia, since in the original, Oberon is male. She looked fabulous, but more importantly, she KNOWS how to work the boards! She humbly accepted our praises, and gave thanks to her mother for being a great coach. Well, Sister is no stranger to PCP. Actually I think that Mom has performed there as well. Huh. Funny to just now realize I'm the only one left to take the stage. I prefer set design to memorizing lines though.
Bean looks beautiful--and so grown up! I never got to see your sister perform, but Granny and Grandpa did. They were very impressed.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have that fond memory from Greencastle.