My daughter asked why we should call it Resurrection Weekend if it was really Easter. Good question. Calling it something different is new to me too, but I was able to explain that we concentrate on Jesus' coming to the earth for a reason, how it was fulfilled, and it wasn't fulfilled in "just" one day. Maundy Thursday. Good Friday. Resurrection Sunday. He is Risen!
This makes me want to break out in song: He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today. He walks with me and talks to me along life's narrow way. He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives. He lives, within my heart.
I'm not sure if I'm a bad parent for not getting the coloring kits and futzing with all of the vinegar or wraps and the cardboard rings to hold the eggs, which always tear when getting them from the box so they are not useful anyway. I gave them markers and set them loose. They made Marvel Comic eggs, a Precious LOTR egg, and a couple Humpty-Dumpty eggs (they were already cracked). I made the one Easter themed egg with the flower. Maybe I should just be thankful that my kids still like to decorate eggs, even if it is with markers instead. They said they preferred it since they could draw whatever they wanted. (I reminded them they have always had the option to use crayons and then dip in dye all those years, but they didn't know what I was talking about. Sometimes I find teenagers have hormonal brain lapses just like me.)
Speaking of teenagers, I am the mother of a 16 year old as of Sunday! Yikes! Since the weekend was busy enough with church and family, he invited "the guys" over this coming weekend for a cookout/campout. Pray for good weather.
Yes, it did take him THAT long to blow out all of the candles. And NO they were not trick candles. What happens at 17? Or 40?
My sister is a culinary genius and she makes the most creative cakes. This nest is her latest creation which she shared with us on Sunday. I think she could turn this into a wonderful catering business. I've already begun the advertising! (Remember the pumpkin cake?)
Miss K is busily adding more to our Fairy Garden.
She used an egg nog carton, cut a hole for the door, painted it and added tulip leaves for the roof. We'll add it to the garden later. (I've said we may need to rethink the roof, but she wanted to give this a try.)
Hope you all had a memorable weekend. I did. Thank you for letting me share!









When you wrote the words from the hymn, I started singing along also. I really like that one. (And we sing it a lot. We are very limited. Ha!) We had beautiful weather for Easter. It really made it a special day.
ReplyDeleteThis is my all time favorite hymn! The church we attend now is more contemporary and when we sing hymns, they are jazzed up a bit. I miss some of the hymns I grew up with. Glad to hear that you get to sing this one!
ReplyDeleteOn Easter we drove 10 hours from what seemed like a minor hurricane at the beach back to beautiful, more Eastery-weather, at home. Happy to share in some of your Easter traditions here.
ReplyDeleteYikes!
Delete