 |
| After Firecrafter Program |
Our family has spent quite a bit of time outside for the beginning of summer and I
love it! The above picture was taken on my birthday. I was bummed that all of my chicks were gone for the week to their respective camps, but B took me camping for a few days too. H is working on his Firecrafter through Scouts and had to prepare a program complete with skits, jokes, songs, vespers and printing off an actual program to pass out. We were invited to attend, but we missed all but the last five minutes since the leaders started early. But! I did get to see at least one of my children on my birthday and be there for H for his special night, even if I didn't get to see it all.
B and I camped in McCormick's Creek State Park. As a child, I spent quite a few summer days hiking around that park and playing in the falls. B & I took our pop-up trailer and bikes to spend 3 days and 3 nights.
 |
| Fixing my bike tire |
Unfortunately, my bike tire was flatter than a fritter when we arrived and we had to make a trip to the local K-mart on the way back from the Firecrafter program to pick up a tube. B and I rode every morning and then we would hike the trails. It brought back many memories being in the park and I felt excited to share with him some of them as we tromped around.
 |
| The falls |
 |
| I love that the trails take you through the creek |
 |
| Campfire Chicken and Veggies in the backyard |
Last year I purchased a Campfire Cooking book, but didn't use it much. Since returning from camping, H and I have both been re-energized and want to spend more time outside doing e
verything. Cooking supper one night over the fire was one time for me to have an excuse to stay outside.
 |
| Hot, Humid and Aggravated--but supportive |
C has joined a community band playing percussion. This is a super opportunity for him as he wants to go into music ministry as a profession. We went to the Carmel Concert Band Festival to hear him perform this week. I tried to get some good pictures of C playing, but couldn't without embarrassing him or getting booted out for encroaching upon the performers' zone. Programs were available for purchase, but C's name was misspelled and I didn't want to pay for errors. What is a scrapbook to be without pictures and programs!?!?!?
 |
| Here is C working with PB |
I'm glad you've been enjoying the outdoors. Way too hot for me!
ReplyDelete