 |
| Geckos |
A couple of months ago MomII bought a membership pass to the Children's Museum while all of the grandchildren were around. Unfortunately, only 2 of the grandchildren got to go the first time. This weekend, however, we five plus Grandma went to see the Gecko exhibit. Our family hadn't been to the museum in a few years, so it was fun seeing some of the standard exhibits, but the Geckos were our focus and well worth the trip.
The National Geographic Treasures of the Earth exhibit stirred my curiosity. It was divided into three parts: Egypt (updated the old section); underwater section--a professor from IU thinks he may have found Captain Kidd's ship off the coast of the Dominican Republic; replicas of the 3000 Chinese warrior statues. Now I want to do some further investigation on my own! Apparently, H was really into this part too!
 |
| H has fun replacing his face with part of the reconstruction parts of the statues |
 |
Here he is again, this time HIS head on the statue
|
To round out the day, we stopped by Bumblebee for another photo opportunity.
My niece and nephew, who have been living in Mexico the last couple of years will be home next month. I am looking forward to going back to the museum and taking them with me. Maybe next time they can take my picture as a Transformer!
I'm glad you said "gecko" because all I saw when I first looked at it were the flowers. I haven't been to the museum for many years. I only remember the old museum where we would go when Granny would take us kids while Uncle Norm was at the eye doctor.
ReplyDeleteThe museum has changed greatly even over the last few years. They have added quite a bit. The polar bear is still there, as is the carousel and miniatures, but the revolving exhibits are interesting and they are trying to add activities geared toward adults. They have "Adults Swim" on the calendar. This was completely new to me.
ReplyDelete