Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In a Pickle

It is good to be back in the blogging community.  I just read a couple of my favorites and am now inspired to restart mine.  I've taken a break over the summer to spend some much needed time with family.  My sister and her family were home from Mexico for a little over a month.  It was pure joy to spend some time with them and sad to see them go last week.  It's been such a long time since I've  blogged, that I am a little unsure how to even get pictures from my camera/phone.  I'm in the middle of an update to some software that I use to assist me in retrieving photos from my phone.  I'm not always sure it really is easier.  (note that it is now a day later and I've finally figured out how to get the pictures)

This year I took on the position of Administrative Director for our homeschool group's drama.  This year we are performing, Cinderella:  The Enchanted Version.   Yesterday and today were auditions.  So begins the LONG drama season.  (Actually I've been working on this since May)  Performances are at the end of October and beginning of November.  Whew! 

In the middle of this, I made freezer pickles yesterday.  I haven't done that in YEARS and it felt good!  The boys have been (half-way) tending a veggie garden for a merit badge they are working on for Scouts.  I say "half-way" because between being gone so much for the summer visits and the water bans, the garden has gone a bit wild.  We have harvested cucumbers and one tomato so far! 
Here are the photos of the pickles.  I can't wait to try them.  I think that C may be the only other member of my family to appreciate their goodness.  No one else likes the onions!

Mutant cucumber from friend's garden. 
It's two cucumbers from same stem.
Notice the size next to the deck of cards!
"Taco Salad Bowl" of cucumbers in brine to soak overnight.
5 Quarts of Freezer Pickles!





No comments:

Post a Comment